VidCard Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest, depending on card, an Arctic-Cooling heatsink/fan for your video card. I believe Revision 3 will fit a 9800SE. You can purchase it on ebay for about 16.99$ and it functions more efficiently than the two you linked. Instead of dissipating heat off the card into the case it dissipates the heat off the card outside the case.

Arctic Cooling's VGA Silencer Revision 3

Pro's-
*Not too expensive
*Direct heat exhaust
*Looks cool
*Cools better than stock by 30 deg C (straight from arctic-cooling.com)
*Quieter than the stock fan on low speed and about the same on high
*Variable Speed

Cons
*Takes up the PCI slot directly under the card.
*Bulky
*Not much else i can think of

PS I just ordered the ATI Silencer 3 (not to be confused with Rev. 3) for my 9800XT, should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know how the install/real world results are on it.

Musjunk22 said:
Thanks for the info I really aprecciate it. I can't wait to see yuor results.

Especially since the 9800XT has a built in temp diode so i can tell you the before and after temp.

Right now its at 64C just doing nothing. If i leave it for about another 20 minuteson the desktop it goes to about 67-68 and when i play games i've seen it as high as 72.

HOPEFULLY the cooler can at least drop the max to about 55-60 cuz any temp over 60 has me worried. (all #'s are celsius)

COME OOOON FEDEX MAN.

PS I HEART NEWEGG. Order Wednesday Get it thurs.:D :cool:

Install went without a hitch. 30 mins max

Temps

IDLE

Before-70
After-61

Load

Before-72
After-Soon to come... RESULTS IN 65 is the hottest i've gotten it

I'm not too impressed with the cooling but the direct exhaust is awesome. It lowered my Motherboard temp from 36 to 32 and my CPU from 37 to 36 at idle of course

Also EXTREMELY quiet I can't hear it even if i take the side panel off and listen, disclaimer *I have 5 case fans also* so that may be why i can't hear it, but it IS very quiet.

Overclocking results
Stock speeds are 412/365 (0/0)
Stock fan max was 432/385 (20/20)
ATI silencer 3 450/400 (38/35)

Not too bad

I am going to give my XP3200+ system a really good overclocking this evening - I got my XP2500+ from 1.83GHz to 2.2GHz extremely easily, no crashes or stability problems. That was my practice, now I am going to try and get my XP3200+ from 2.2GHz to 2.6GHz with 420MHz FSB.

Then i'll try overclocking my 9800 Pro from stock speeds of 380/340 to 440/370.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom