Vid card running hot like heck

Status
Not open for further replies.
6600's are like a frigin furnace. Those temps aren't overheating for a 6600.
He never gave temps. He said where he's living is getting up to 80-90F which would be a really good temperature if the card was running at because that's 32C at 90F.

Also, the warning alarm is set to 120C or so by default, but I can tell you the card would stop functioning long before it actually hit that. I don't think I've seen anyones card going above 100C and still working normally. We did have a guy from the UK here at the forums who's card was hitting 100C I believe though. He got better cooling for it and just didn't put it under load when it was hitting up that hot.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1945&st=0

Use that to enable temp monitoring. Not all cards have it on by default. I know evga had theirs turned off.

Use a program like rivatuner to watch temps. It'll run in the background but if the game is freezing up and causing the whole computer to lock up and you have to restart then it won't matter if it runs in the background cause you'd never get to see it.

If you're able to CTRL+ALT+Delete out of the game when it freezes then you can run rivatuner and let the temp monitor stay up while you game.

Whoops, my bad. :)

My friend has an Asus 6600GT 256mb, and it gets REALLY hot. Like so hot, you will burn your hand if you touch it. But, it doesn't seem to affect performance any. I'm not sure of the actual temps because I've never looked, but I'd imagine they're up there pretty high.

My video card (ati 9600) is cool to the touch, even at load. But you can't even keep your hand on my friends card for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom