Vid card + Mobo <$500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinslayer

Baseband Member
Recently my powersupply died on me, I got a new one and upped my ram to 1gig as well...computer ran great, til last night when suddenly my video card died. I'm a little worried to buy new parts but I don't have much choice other than buy some stock computer for safety....

Here's my dilema: I have about $500 I could spare to spend on a new video card and while I"m at it a new motherboard, just to be safe, and replace everything. I do alot of gaming so I was looking at the 6800gt's and saw some for about $275 or so and some motherboard + processor combos on pricewatch for around $248, I don't know much about the technical specs of these things and would just appreciate some help in picking one that would really be good and cost me $500 or less for the pair.

3000+ AMD 64=150 at newegg
x800XL=250 at Monarch
Chaintech NF4-Ultra=87 at newegg
OR
GIGabye NF3-Ultra=100 at newegg
EVGA 6800GT AGP=270 at monarch
3000+ AMD 64=150 at newegg

Not too bad, I'd go with the nvidia route, but only about $520. I assume that's where I have to put the processor in myself? I haven't done that before.... =0/

Btw...what is this monarch site? I haven't heard of it and the only ones that come up in google don't show that card.

For the motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136161

AMD 64 3000 venice is good for the processor.

eVGA or Leadtek for the 6800gt.

And enjoy High settings gaming.

For putting in the CPU, find the corner with a pin missing, and line it up with the side with no slot for a pin, and gently press it in.

If you use thermal compound, remember to only use a grain of rice sized blob on top, and let the weight of the heatsink spread it around.

The mobo and Proc dont match. The Athlon XP is a Socket A chip and you picked a Socket 939 Mobo. I would suggest getting what Trifid posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom