VF900 connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I just installed a VF900 on my video card, and when I turned on the computer, I saw that the fan wasn't running. So the 3 pin connection to the video card wasn't working. I tried switching the position of the 3 pin, but that didn't work either. So what I did was connect, the 3 pin connector of the VF900 to a 3pin-4pin adaptor, and connected it to a 4-pin molex...and it worked. So I'm wondering if this is okay, instead of the VF900 being connected to the video card.

...Temps went from idle 47C to 33C...awesome!

I just installed a VF900 on my video card, and when I turned on the computer, I saw that the fan wasn't running. So the 3 pin connection to the video card wasn't working. I tried switching the position of the 3 pin, but that didn't work either. So what I did was connect, the 3 pin connector of the VF900 to a 3pin-4pin adaptor, and connected it to a 4-pin molex...and it worked. So I'm wondering if this is okay, instead of the VF900 being connected to the video card.

...Temps went from idle 47C to 33C...awesome!
Yes, it's fine.
The video card doesn't care if you're using the fan port it has, as long as the GPU stays cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom