very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
newbitmapimageka5.jpg

3.75 ghz @ 1.45 Volts + 0.1 extra on FSB (does that help, I'd imgine it would help the NB and SB), and its still under 55C... on my old motherboard, On normal settings it would be this hot, is it a misread, or the truth, and the fans aren't spinning like crazy, so I don't know...

Intel 530J + rosewill z2 + GIGABYTE p965-ds3 (rev 2.0)+ 550WATT Logysis PSU

runs so smooth too...

I want to try to reach 4 ghz, but am scared to fry the mobo, i only had it for 2 days... what more would I need to try to get to 4ghz STABLE

eh... this is easier, and I put in three more fans, on normal everything, it is all the way down to 35º on cpu and case :eek:
wow, a LOT of improvement :)
but this Oc'ing proggy works like a charm

psp_crazy1 said:
eh... this is easier, and I put in three more fans, on normal everything, it is all the way down to 35º on cpu and case :eek:
wow, a LOT of improvement :)
but this Oc'ing proggy works like a charm
Ya, did you ever think thats it not as fast as its telling you? :confused:

um... yes it is.... ichecked in CPU-z and in DMIview, it is....

and i hit 4ghz, what do you think the max voltage is even if the temps are low,

( http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5899/4ghzkw6.jpg )

^ it was stable, but not enough to start up BF2, im scared to volt higher, should i work on the FSB voltage more then??? it only lets me to .3 + voltage on the FSB, and the reg. voltage on the RAM is 1.8, on the CPU, 1.38. how much higher cpu voltage than ^ can i go

It was stable? But you can't start up BF2........
lollololol.

Listen, something is only stable if you can use the computer as you would normally. Every day normal use.
Without Crashes, lagh, errors, blue screens. You name it.

Unless of course you like things to work incorrectly really fast. :p :p

Yea, I could OC my 4600 Past 2.70 GHz, but it wouldn't be every day normal use stable. Id Get a BSOD after about a day or so.

well i guess its not stable then :p

but how much farther can i raise the Volts (i have like 5 fans, 1 dvd burner, 1 hdd (SATA), logysis 550watt (400watt, 550 max output.), x1600pro, 2x 512 MB corsair XMS5400c, intel p4 530j)

That Logysis PSU is scaring the crap out of Me...
You can only hope its not your limiting factor.

You can up the Volts as high as it can go.
So long as:
Its POSTs.
Its TRUELY Stable.
And you don't smell anything werid.

Just remember to take it slow and allow 8 or more hours of Prime 95 or OCCT testing before going on.

1-2 weeks of normal every day use will determine if a OC is truely stable.

I really don't want to use it at 4.0 GHZ every day... Just maybe if a game is being really retarded and use these settings, and yea i got 15 dollars right now, end of my nine weeks in school is near, hopefully 20 $$ there, I want to get a psu, btw is there a way i can use 2 psu's at once, I have an extra 400 and 350 WATT psu.

EDIT: yeah, I know what a burning smell is like, yesterday my cd burner (generic, pretty old anf got it used years ago....) burnt out... scared the crap out of me, thought it was my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom