very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang that's crazy. I had to go look at the DFI nf4 UT board because I was thinkin 'How the hell did they get two cards in a board that isn't SLI' and then, yeah I saw that the Ultra has 2 PCI-E slots...

Hmm well that's weird, so it kind of can run in SLI as it is, but not technically due to the resistor, settings, and not having that bridge?

How would you get the little bridge that fits ontop of the cards seperate though?

Yet another way to save money thanks to those brave enough to start closing up resistors :D

On the next page they talked aboutt esting it with a Gigabyte 3D1, that graphics card with two GPUs.

it was 16x/2x or 8x/8x something like that. It's not double it's actually worse performance cause it's not 'technically SLI' or something like that

But if you think about it, the chipsits could be the exact same, just the little pads arent closed....... But there working on a way to keep people from doing this... so i would get a SLI board just incase they find out another way to block it -.-

I doubt they will go out of their way to fix it. The only people I see doing something about it in this instance would be DFI themselves. It gives you a nice performance boost, or so the article says, but it's still not exactly like SLI, but it's pretty close and you're saving quite a bit of money.

I'd get a board like that, except their damn chipset placement pisses me off, my NB cooler wouldn't fit because the graphics card would hit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom