very hott pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your computer has enough ventilation.
Also make sure that the computer is clean, has enough space to breath, fans are working at full capacity.
Look for anything that you arent using and try to lessen the power usage and of course try to make its environment colder.

I did try all of that and the fans are really blowing!!!

They are just blowing alot of hot air and all thats in there is hot air no cold air at all!!!

You are obviously doing something wrong that isn't heat related. My guess is your BIOS needs updated as it is incorrectly reporting the system CPU temp. I had the same problem with a Shuttle PC i bought, so I recommend flashing the BIOS with the most current version, good luck!

my hard drive is the problem. Most of the heat is coming from the hard drive!!!

I have an 300gb hard drive, 2gb of ram, intel pentium 4 2.8GHz processor and an xfx 6600 256mb!!!

i think HD usually generates less heat than the rest of components like cpu and gpu.
so if the HD is at 90c and u can still boot up, thats not really possible i think...
well, i dunno how much heat HD can take so i cant tell u for sure..
but im just generally thinkin that any HD cant operate in boiling water temp.
am i wrong?

u know he might be talking about 90 F not 90C.

If it's 90F u actually have some very good temps.

My hdd is only like 20C rofl. anyways, clean the dust, rewire your wires, apply some new thermal paste. Try to get a fan blowing at the hdd's

and whats your ambient temperature, you cant get much lower then that with air cooling.

Why don't you consider getting HDD cooling or running your com without the side panel and putting a domestic fan there, that's usually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom