Very First Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, well i wasn't sure if you were doing it for practice, or if there was a specific reason you were doing it, ie installing something/wire management.

but yeah, good place to start. also yeah, just pick up some low-grit sandpaper bits for the dremel, they work great for sanding down burrs and don't damage the rest of the metal, and also since its sandpaper on metal rather then metal on metal it keeps it cooler and can keep paint from cracking or the metal from warping if its low grade and softer metal like aluminum.

ah, well i wasn't sure if you were doing it for practice, or if there was a specific reason you were doing it, ie installing something/wire management.

but yeah, good place to start. also yeah, just pick up some low-grit sandpaper bits for the dremel, they work great for sanding down burrs and don't damage the rest of the metal, and also since its sandpaper on metal rather then metal on metal it keeps it cooler and can keep paint from cracking or the metal from warping if its low grade and softer metal like aluminum.

ah okay i got a bit for my dremel thats like sandpaper for sanding down the metal i think it was called a De-burring bit? not sure on that one but thanks for the tip :D

speaking of paint. how would you go about painting a case? would you sand down the original paint>coats of primer>coats of paint>clear coat? or is there some other things needed?.

also what brands would you recommend for aerosol primer/Paint and clear coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom