Very First Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Be nice please this is my very first one. Constructive criticism is welcomed.

I realize my mistakes for one the circle cut is not a "perfect circle"

This is just practice I'm just learning the odds and ends of using a dremel and cutting metal and developing a "technique", any ideas on technique would be much appreciated. :D

I forgot to take pics of the inside cut i made but there was a perforated grill in the front and i decided to take that big lugging stupid piece of metal out because of airflow restriction..... i do not intend to use this computer for anything but practice its just the thought ya know of like hmm that could cause air restriction so i should get practice on cutting stuff like that out.

Any ideas on things i should practice. ((Circle cutting is probably needed very much so))

And Finally Pictures of what i have done :D This is on an old Gateway thats been busted WAY beyond repair by any means other than replacing all the guts of it. lol

Mods005.jpg

Mods004.jpg

Mods003.jpg

Is that a sticker on top or what? Cutting a perfect circle with a dremel is pretty much just not going to happen, so dont be too hard on yourself.

edit: lol gateway.

thanks for the comments guys! :D

@Veedubfreek- those are the plates i cut out their pieces of aluminum. thanks :) lol my friend he picks on the gateway and calls it the "gay"way

@aspire- i think my dad has an old one he never uses.

@LeftEyeBlind- yep its an old microATX actually i think its a babyATX lol

for the circle I would either use a plate or other round object to mark it out or use a compass to draw one then to cut it I would drill a hole an then use a nibbler (sometimes called a crocodile nipper in the UK) to cut a smooth edge.

Also try an get a more sturdy set of disks for a dremel as the ones you can get at B&Q an other places are very brittle, you can get special long life ones but I can't really say how much for.

i used a full fledged grinder on my case. took out a 4x6 inch square in a matter of seconds. :D

nice job tho, but just a question, why did you make holes?

for the circle I would either use a plate or other round object to mark it out or use a compass to draw one then to cut it I would drill a hole an then use a nibbler (sometimes called a crocodile nipper in the UK) to cut a smooth edge.

Also try an get a more sturdy set of disks for a dremel as the ones you can get at B&Q an other places are very brittle, you can get special long life ones but I can't really say how much for.

i marked the hole witha cup..... lol it was the only round thing i could find but i'll have too look around for one of those nibbler things.

i kept noticing that my blades would shatter and fly off some times when i tried to cut a certain way but i've gota different way i did it i would cut them in like lines _ _ _ _ like that and go back around it making the cuts a little deeper and that made my blades last a lot longer.

Thanks for the comment :D

i used a full fledged grinder on my case. took out a 4x6 inch square in a matter of seconds. :D

nice job tho, but just a question, why did you make holes?

It was a practice to make circle cuts for installing extra fans. No holes were drilled for the fan to be screwed in and grill installed so i just left it as a hole. your really supposed to line the cut with U-channel after you cut it so it doesn't look so jagged if you don't grind down the burrs well. anyways i didnt have a fan TO put in there.. :/ eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom