Very Fast Ram!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there ya go, that's exactly where DDR2 should be at this stage of development although of course that's with a ridiculous amount of vdimm and you aren't gonna see anything like that running 24/7 which is all I am interested in

Nice progress, but too much of a hassle to vmod the board and suicide bench or risk frying your ICs unless these are somehow based similarly to BH-5 ICs

edit - I'm looking at the SuperPI time and it doesn't seem very impressive IMO, there's either a problem with the chipset and those frequencies or that RAM isn't very stable as I would expect memory at over 1GHz effective speeds would yield better bandwidth...would need to see a sandra shot to see for sure

I would wanna see how these stack up with AMD64s and IMCs as well

Yep, DDR2 is starting to yield some nice results. There are a lot of DDR2 800 sticks with Cas 4 now, which isn't bad. The D9 sticks have been hitting nice speeds with low timings for a while now.

As far as volts, Coolaler showed off the DFI Infinity board with the 975x chipset and it has vdimm to 2.65, so I am guessing the LP boards coming out should go higher than that (I hope), volt mods might not be as necessary hear soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom