VCore won't go above 1.41v?? Is it my PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I am using a Hiper PSU.. somethin' like 580 Watts I believe? Anywho, it's using a 4 pin power connector. If I bought a higher end PSU will it allow me to raise my vcior above 1.41? Right now I have it set to 1.4500 and BIOS reports only 1.41 (no stepping or anything is on)

No lol, I don;t believe vdroop is on the Striker Extreme as it's not exactly overclocker friendly feature and it's an overclocking board...

Yeah, but I think that may even be the problem. I can;t get higher FSBs on stock voltage like I could on the last version..

Also didn;t know there was such a thing, I will try it.

Edit: Tried it! There was a .5v gap there, so I had to raise it to 1.5v in order to get it to read 1.45. Now it's at 1.45 with 400 x 9 and is running cool and smoothly. Going to try and get to 4.0. (Idle at 33 load at 40*C :p)

Edit 2: Okay, vcore riding at about 1.61. FSB is 431.3 x 9 = 3881.3MHz. Load for this hits 50*C so I don't want to push it further.. but I was able to get to 4.0 and boot ^^ But once I saw 52*C I shut down...

RAM:FSB is in "Sync Mode" with timings on Auto. The Striker is implementing 4-4-4-12 which seems to be working well. (RAM loads at 31*C) Any suggestions to get the clock higher on the CPU and possibly lower the temps? I've never touched the multiplier before so i don't know how that will affect stability and temps..

I am using a Hiper PSU.. somethin' like 580 Watts I believe? Anywho, it's using a 4 pin power connector. If I bought a higher end PSU will it allow me to raise my vcior above 1.41? Right now I have it set to 1.4500 and BIOS reports only 1.41 (no stepping or anything is on)
voltage readings are not always accurate

Yeah, but I think that may even be the problem. I can;t get higher FSBs on stock voltage like I could on the last version..

Also didn;t know there was such a thing, I will try it.

Edit: Tried it! There was a .5v gap there, so I had to raise it to 1.5v in order to get it to read 1.45. Now it's at 1.45 with 400 x 9 and is running cool and smoothly. Going to try and get to 4.0. (Idle at 33 load at 40*C :p)

Edit 2: Okay, vcore riding at about 1.61. FSB is 431.3 x 9 = 3881.3MHz. Load for this hits 50*C so I don't want to push it further.. but I was able to get to 4.0 and boot ^^ But once I saw 52*C I shut down...

RAM:FSB is in "Sync Mode" with timings on Auto. The Striker is implementing 4-4-4-12 which seems to be working well. (RAM loads at 31*C) Any suggestions to get the clock higher on the CPU and possibly lower the temps? I've never touched the multiplier before so i don't know how that will affect stability and temps..

i wouldnt worry about temps till you get over 65*C
you can monitor VCore in speedfan. as CPU-Z isnt always the most accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom