Vcore voltage is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized

Any way to get past this

Does this have to do with some thing

I overclocked from 1.33 to 1.40 and never did have to worry about stability but i wanna oc more but vcore voltage is locked

That screen where you are viewing the Vcore wouldn't be where you'd change it. If there's no option anywhere else then it looks like your board simply doesn't have the option to allow you to change it. You could try clockgen and see if that lets you

How would I know? Every motherboard and BIOS is different man. Go through all your screens until you find another that is showing the Vcore

download clockgen at at cpuid.com

It lets me get an extra half volt off of my board. Yes i know, 1.8volts is overkill

bah, anyone who freaks out aobut 1.8v isn't a true OC'er :D

anything at 1.9vcore and above I'd say isn't good for normal use unless you keep it within the 30's celcius temp range. Other than that, 1.8v is completely fine to run

Perhaps the fact that your "shutdown temperature" is disabled automatically disables the ability to increase your CPU voltage as a safety precaution to prevent meltdown.

Perhaps the fact that your "shutdown temperature" is disabled automatically disables the ability to increase your CPU voltage as a safety precaution to prevent meltdown.
Nah, either it has a voltage option or it doesn't. That screen he's looking at is just showing general info, it's not meant to have the Vcore changed there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom