Vcore volt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thanks guys thats what i was thinking , darn Cool n quiet
my CPU runs 30*C on idle and 50*C on full load
i don't really have expierance overclocking the RAM or changing ratios as turtle mentioned but ill give it a try and post back
and for my vDRR2 it only gives me 2 options: Auto and 1.9v

Edit: forgot to mention that both my CPU and my GPU both have AS5 on it so it runs a bit cooler than on stock paste

sweet, u put Artic Silver 5 on the GPU as well. Question though, u taking off the heatsink n fan voids ur warranty right?

sry if im off topic, but i am going to do the same with when i get the money to buy the HD 2900 XTX n Artic Silver 5.

dont drop the cpu multi at the moment. if it wont overclock with the stock multi of 11 because of a ram issue, it certainly wont with a multi of 10. if you drop the multi to 10, it will overclock your ram even further than 11.
amd memory dividers dont work the same as intel's.
probably what you need to do is this, in the order below:
drop your ram to ddr2 400. if that doesnt work (ie boot and be stable), leave ram at ddr-400...
drop your ht (hypertransport) multi to 4. if that doesn't work, leave ram at ddr2-400, ht multi at 4...
raise the cpu voltage one notch (whatever that is in your bios).
you should be able to get a good way past 215 with stock voltage. it is likely a memory/ht issue.

IMO, you should get a new motherboard if you're serious about overclocking it.

I've got my 6000+ at the following settings:

1.575V core (CPU-Z reports ~1.45, I don't know if this is accurate)
15x multiplier
HTT: 226 (running at 226.7 according to CPU-Z)
HTT multiplier: 4x
NO memory divider (DDR2-800 RAM at DDR2-904, 4-4-4-12)

My motherboard is a Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590, it allows me to change all the settings I need, including memory timings etc..

If you have socket 939, I'd suggest a DFI NF4 series board (except for the Infinity, which is a low end model)

i would agree with apokalipse. that mobo really isnt stellar for overclocking, but you have to work with what ya got, right? it should produce better results than what you are getting.
i also suggest the 590 boards. mine's the same as apokalipse's, but it says, "EVGA". ;)

sweet, u put Artic Silver 5 on the GPU as well. Question though, u taking off the heatsink n fan voids ur warranty right?

sry if im off topic, but i am going to do the same with when i get the money to buy the HD 2900 XTX n Artic Silver 5.

no, no warranty is void my GPU was running 50*C on idle so i wanted it to cool down a bit

dont drop the cpu multi at the moment. if it wont overclock with the stock multi of 11 because of a ram issue, it certainly wont with a multi of 10. if you drop the multi to 10, it will overclock your ram even further than 11.
amd memory dividers dont work the same as intel's.
probably what you need to do is this, in the order below:
drop your ram to ddr2 400. if that doesnt work (ie boot and be stable), leave ram at ddr-400...
drop your ht (hypertransport) multi to 4. if that doesn't work, leave ram at ddr2-400, ht multi at 4...
raise the cpu voltage one notch (whatever that is in your bios).
you should be able to get a good way past 215 with stock voltage. it is likely a memory/ht issue.

i wish i can do what you said but the only options it gives me is : DDR2 533, DDR2 667, DDR2 800
and i cant find the voltage for my CPU anywhere as i mentioned earlier, thats why i posted here because i cant go over 2.33GHZ with stock voltage

IMO, you should get a new motherboard if you're serious about overclocking it.

I've got my 6000+ at the following settings:

1.575V core (CPU-Z reports ~1.45, I don't know if this is accurate)
15x multiplier
HTT: 226 (running at 226.7 according to CPU-Z)
HTT multiplier: 4x
NO memory divider (DDR2-800 RAM at DDR2-904, 4-4-4-12)

My motherboard is a Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590, it allows me to change all the settings I need, including memory timings etc..

If you have socket 939, I'd suggest a DFI NF4 series board (except for the Infinity, which is a low end model)

My motherboard does allow overclocking the CPU, and the timing for the RAM, but it wont SHOW THE ****en VOLT ADJUSTER FOR MY ****EN CPU, thats why im asking where the **** is it??????????????????

God read the ****EN question people
And no its not a skt 939 look at my god d**n signature

My motherboard does allow overclocking the CPU, and the timing for the RAM, but it wont SHOW THE ****en VOLT ADJUSTER FOR MY ****EN CPU, thats why im asking where the **** is it??????????????????

God read the ****EN question people
And no its not a skt 939 look at my god d**n signature
If it doesn't show you the volt adjuster, it probably doesn't have one.
Which is why I suggested another motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom