Vcore volt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
finally decided to give more juice to my system but cant get nothing out of it , why? because i cant find the volt modifier in my BIOS only FSB, multiplier, DDR2 volt mod (Disable or 1.9v) and a menu that i decide to overclock like (Auto, Standard, Overclock AI, Manual)
so this is what is got
stock: Multiplier x11
FSB: 210mhz
= 2.31Ghz which is ****
if i go any higher then that my system just restarts constantly (but does POST)

any ideas?

Can the AMD Cool n' Quiet Technology Hide the volt adjuster?

BTW: im trying to get it to 2.4ghz because i have a stock cooler on with Silver Arctic 5 Paste on it

specs:
|
|
|
|
\ /

If your talking about the multiplier for the CPU then i have tried that
and 11x is the highest it goes

BTW i got it to 2.33GHz today which is the max it pulls

i think he meant drop the mutiplier.... remember they are halflocked.... so drop it increase the FSB and see if u get similar results....

i think he meant drop the mutiplier.... remember they are halflocked.... so drop it increase the FSB and see if u get similar results....

Thats what i meant, i just mentioned that the highest is 11x
i have tried 10x and 240FSB, 235FSB nothing works, i only got it working 10x 230FSB= 2.3ghz, so i sticked with 11x by 212FSB giving me a bit more = 2.33GHZ

is the Cool n' Quiet technology holding me back ? i read my manual and it doesnt mention any Vcore modification :/

Just uninstall CoolNQuiet. It usually lowers the clocks speed down to around 800 when the computer is idle. What is the temperature of the CPU? It may also be overheating.

You can change the divider to run the memory at a lower frequency (what I meant to say instead of multiplier). The ratio can be changed so for example, you can run the memory @ 200Mhz and run the CPU @ 266Mhz x what you have the multiplier set on. (1.33 ratio)

You *MUST* disable Cool 'N Quiet in the BIOS as it disables most of the overclocking options. Divide your memory down so that it isn't running as fast - or bump up your vDDR a little to help things!

wow thanks guys thats what i was thinking , darn Cool n quiet
my CPU runs 30*C on idle and 50*C on full load
i don't really have expierance overclocking the RAM or changing ratios as turtle mentioned but ill give it a try and post back
and for my vDRR2 it only gives me 2 options: Auto and 1.9v

Edit: forgot to mention that both my CPU and my GPU both have AS5 on it so it runs a bit cooler than on stock paste

**** no luck, Cool n Quiet didn't unlock anything

In the memory i couldn't find any ratios but this is what it showed:

Memory Clock Freq : i set to (DDR2 533)
Tcl: (Auto, 3,4,5,6)
Trcd: (Auto, 3,4,5,6)
Trp: (Auto, 3,4,5,6)
Tras: (Auto, 5-9)
Trc: (Auto, 11-26)
Trwt (Auto, 2-9)
1T/2T Memory Timing: (Auto, 1T, 2T)
Memory Hole remapping: (Enable, Disable)
Bottom of 32-bit [31:24] IO space : Min=0000 Max= 00E0
Tells me to write a Hex number:______
Bottom Of UMA DRAM [31:24]: Min=0000 Max= 00FC
Tells me to write a Hex number:______

All Set to Auto, and enable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom