Vcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Hi,
How high can I set my Vcore before I should start worry about my CPU? I increased it from 1.750 to 1.825 to make it run a bit stable on 1.66GHz.

(Athlon XP 1600+ 1.4GHz @ 1.66GHz)

I mean, I am not really sure if it's stable cause I just changed the FSB. It froze in Windows @ 1.800v, it doesn't with 1.825.

How high ca I set it before I will fry the core?

It's at 1.67Ghz now. If I increase it to 1.7GHz it freezes after logging in. I want to make sure the chip won't die before increasing the Vcore.

if it's cool it's aright, I threw 2.225v through my XP-M trying to get 2.8GHz stable before :p

What was your CPU's default voltage?

My temps are 45-51, I guess that's alright?

PS: I put it back at 1.66GHz. It started freezing in games.

45-51 is a wee bit high, especially if you are concerned with burning your chip. Just cool the hell out of it, and you could prolly pump almost any amount of voltage to it. When you do that, you will start noticing a decrease in performance, and that will happen a little bit before you fry your chip. Unless of course you decide to up it by a full volt or so, then you will start seeing flames shoot out of the floppy drive. :p :D

This sucks. The max voltage is 1.850. I flashed my ROM and it's still only 1.850 max. I'll wait till i can unlock the chip.

That does suck. I think you are now at the point where you need to start doing some voltage mods on the board itself.

49-51 isn't high at all dude, what are you thinking.......

55C is a good stopping point for chips even though technically 60C by all means is safe....he's still in a fine range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom