Urgent RAID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I recieved my new drive, and since this is my first time setting up RAID, I didn;t know what to expect. I enabled RAID controller on my board and enabled it for SATA ports 1 and 2 (my two HDDs)

Question is, there were multiple options for the array type. I was expecting RAID0, 1, 0+1, 5, and JBOD, but I had to choose from Spectrum (or something like that), Stripe, Mirror and Strip Mirror. There may have been one more option.. idk. The first one showed up as a JBOD array which I don't want, I'm shooting for RAID 0. So I chose Stripe mode since Mirror showed both drives together totaling 160GB, so obviously that's not what I want, plus the name is self explanitory.

Anyways, I bleieve I have it set up properly in RAID 0, but it shows Stripe under the RAID utility on my mobo.

NVM, should have checked Wiki BEFORE searching. lol.

BTW: I'm LOVING Vista.. I used it before, but not like this. Aero is pretty sweet, it's running WAY faster then my XP ever did, even at fresh install. Plus the text and pictures are so **** clear... Can't wait to play my games at DX10 levels.

Glad to hear Vista's working out for you so well.

I was surprised myself with how zippy Vista was when you install it. And really, it stays pretty zippy aslong as you don't load it up with junk.

Pre-loading apps is the best idea ever. It is so quick to zip around. Literally by the end of my second click on the Trillian Icon, it was already logging into my accounts.

And with RAID0, it took a good 20 minutes to install Vista, from a fresh formated install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom