upgrading capacitirs in PSU and motherboard?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so since theres really not many choices to replace that power supply in that little HP 6300 PRO
i was wondering if i upgrade to better capacitors or maybe bigger caps in PSU and motherboard will that help with anything?

i mean better grade caps at least or maybe even better specs

it definitely helps in home theather and car audio when we upgrade the capacitors in the amp or even stereo

This place called BadCaps.net will provide you with guides on how to re-cap your board, they also provide cap "kits" for known boards plagued with bad caps and they can sell you high quality caps separately at a fair price and provide tools for doing your own soldering.
https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=overview

And PP is correct, replacing the caps won't help the specs

Last edited:
but for example if i upgrade the mobo caps and psu caps
then replace system drive with ssd and remove the cdrom drive and upgrade to a better cpu fan
and better memory modules

i should be able to have a more stable voltage when i push it to the max vs not having those upgrades?

Yes, new caps will make your system more stable if your old caps have gone bad, of course an ssd and more memory will help the system become more efficient, it will boot up faster and open your programs quicker but there are still limits associated with the fsb and chipset, depending on how old this board is

Replacing caps still won't change the overall power output characteristic of the PSU. You would have to change the entire design for it to handle more power from the board up. Will it handle it's continuous load better? Yes, but it won't change peak power rating.

PSUs aren't like hotrodding old tube guitar amps to get more output or saturation.

Back
Top Bottom