Unstable PC w/o Overclock? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Unstable PC w/o Overclock?

Yeah, I just said screw it, lol, dont need a fast comp until Crysis comes out anyway, lol, so I set it back to automatic, however it seems to have fixed itself, lol, and now it has a fixed multiplier of 9? wtf mate? lol

Oh well, comps are silly, all i can say

92% of teenagers have put some stupid made up statistic in their signature. If you're one of the 8% that aren't quite as gulliable, copy this.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Failure to mention RAM. (A Link to the ONE you bought would be nice)
Failure to mention motherboard (And therefore exact model and BIOS Flash Information)
Failure to mention Power supply (a PC turning off during use suggests the Power supply is unable to maintain voltages or amperages needed, in turn it suggests a defective or underwattage power supply)
Failure to mention other CMOS Settings you changed while overclocking.

Changing the Vcore is not the only thing you have to do when Overclocking.
What have you done with RAM Voltage, MCH Voltage, FSB Voltage and what settings did you disable in the other sections of the CMOS.

Have a look at this guide.
Core2Duo Overclocking Guide v1.1

IF we determine that the power supply is not the problem and IF you follow that guide and still are unstable, And IF you Flash BIOS to latest version, and if you run memtest86+ on the RAM and everything checks out at this point and you STILL have instibility problems, THEN RMA the motherboard.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to KingAustin

Did you defrag your computer at all while overclocked? If you did and your computer wasn't stable, it could have messed up some files. It still could have messed up some files even if you didn't defrag, but before you RMA anything I would suggest a reformat.

E6300 w/ AF7 Pro 3.11ghz
Gigabyte DS3
2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
7900GT w/ Zalman vf900 650/800
Z-5500 Digital Speakers
22" Chimei + 19" BENQ
XClio 3060
Closed Thread