Unstable PC w/o Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
Hey,

So I overclocked my E6600 to 3Ghz @ 1.4v to other day, worked well, however every like 8 or so hrs the comp would just die suddenly as if the power cord was pulled out. Work perfectly fine if I just turned it back on and went about using my comp. Anyway, so I un-overclocked and just reverted the FSB from 333 to 266 so it would go back to the original 2.4, however it is still unstable. Same thing happens, 1.3v now, it is just on auto like before, temp is down a fair bit, hehe. The only thing that is diff to the stock config is that I got all my settings so that it is manual bios CPU settings, so the multiplier is locked @ 9 instead of changing between 9 and 6.

I think there was a thread earlier on these forums about the settings req for P5B to start overclocking or w/e. I just followed that, so now my ram and CPU are back to their stock speeds. WOndering why my comp is still unstable.

Sydz

Are there any diagnostic programs or monitoring programs which can tell me what is the problem? or records w/e happens just up until it crashes or something?

That aint the problem.

Using everest engineer ultimate editions currently, my temps are fine, definately in the safe zone there. Load can be crap all, like seriously, 2% or something. It doesnt happen when i use the comp lots. Like earlier today I wasnt even using it, just had music on in the bg and suddenly it crashed.

correct.
also since ive overclocked when i use restart it just shutsdown and doesnt start up again, lol. sounding more and more like a mobo problem.

Havent tried putting everything back to automatic and just seeing if changing those features in the bios is the problem, but i want my fixed CPU multiplier =P

reset everything to stock then see. u cant always o/c and expect no probs, might have just got bad cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom