Unlocking fourth core!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostrange

Baseband Member
So I am trying to unlock the Fourth core in my AMD Athlon II X3 435: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X3 435 Rana 2.9GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX435WFGMBOX

But I always end up with a nice ole boot loop! I am starting to just believe the fourth core is a dud, I successfully unlock it but like I said above it's just a loop. But before I give up I wanna ask if there is anything else I can try, to get a successful fourth core.

Mobo: Newegg.com - ASRock N68C-S UCC AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

I figured someone would mention this, There is also a problem there. No matter what I change the Vcore to it never actually raises to what I set it to, not sure what the deal with that is.

I'm not really up on AMD, but have you disabled Cool & Quiet? Do you have a Load Line Calibration option in your bios? If you do have one then enable it, if it isn't already enabled. Disable any C-State Functions.

You might get lucky but from what I've seen posted, if it was going to work it would.

I don't think I have a calibration option but I will search again, I don't know that much so I gotta ask, what are C-State Functions?

And yes, Cool and Quiet is disabled

http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=N68-S&o=BIOS

Update the BIOS. I couldn't get anywhere with my Phenom II 555, until I updated my BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom