understanding bios numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
Ok so i want to do a mild overclock but i really want to know what im doing before i go for it.

CPU: AMD 3700+ san diego (2.2ghz 200x11)

In CPU-Z my CPU said "CPU clock ratio" was x9, shouldn't that be x11?

In CPU-z it says my DIMM voltage is 2.5V (under the SPD tab), in the BIOS it says DIMM is 2.7

Also, there is a setting for AGP overclock in mhz, initially set at 66mhz, i shouldnt touch this correct?

And whats CPU ratio control?

When increasing my FSB and running tests, unstable would have random crashes and i could restart, load bios and lower FSB right?

Would there be a scenario just by increasing FSB that the system wouldnt boot, or me able to get into the bios to lower the settings?

If you up the HTT (Fsb) and it becomes unstable just restart and go into bios and up the voltage until it is stable. If you overclock too much and doesn't start you can open the case, find the cmos battery and take that out, unplug the power cord then put the battery back in and plug the cord in and power up and it'll go back to default settings. Just write down what #'s you were at so you can keep track of what works and what doesn't. Also your HT link should either be 1000mhz or under. When you do up the HTT you should go and lower your HT link multi to 3x. Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom