Under clock a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

oskare100

Solid State Member
Hello,
I've a acer ferrari 3400 but I think it gets too warm, especially where I keep my wrist. Is it possible to under clock the computer to reduce the heat?

If it is, How do I do it? (You don't have to answer this question if you only know that it is possible).

Best Regards
Oskar R

Really, a Ferrari? How do you like it so far, how much did you pay for it, and yes it is possible to underclock it.

Sorry about the double post. Do you know how to overclock a computer in BIOS? If so then just set the bus speed lower or multiplyer, then again what type of HD do you have in there? Does the video card have a fan?

Hello,
Its a 4200 HDD, I paid about $800 for it.
Sorry, I don't know how to change multiplyer, can you explain?

Really thanks for the replay foxdii!

Best Regards
Oskar R

If you don't know anything about overclocking, I would strongly suggest that you do some reseach beforehand so you know at least a little about what yer sticking yer hands into. The concept of overclocking goes both ways. (ie - if you can turn it up, you can turn it down).

Start here: Overclocking Basics

And don't forget Google.

Don't underclock. It runs warm, yeah it's a high end system, it's designed to be able to run warm. Underclocking means you aren't getting the performance you paid for.

If you are worryied about the Warmth.
I would be talking directly with ACER. It might be a manufacture fault that you could put under RMA.
My sister and my best freind has simulare problems with their laptops that were fixed under RMA.

Most likely the fault being that the HFS was on secured on currectly.

I would not with LAPTOP Cooling Pads. Eg.Cooler Master NotePal W1 .

They only work when you are keeping your notebook in the ONE LOCATION. Which is the oposite idea of a notebooks, where it's to be portable.

Hello,
OK, thanks for the replays.
I don't care that mutch about the preformance, Im just using it to make power point presentations, MS word documents etc.

But the heat seams to be a common problem among acer ferrari 3000-serie nootebooks.

Best Regards
Oskar R

look for power settings in the control panel. your computer might have come with a power console specific to your computer manufacturer and you should be able to use that to adjust CPU speed, LCD brightness, etc. on AC power and battery power...

example:

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom