Ummm....ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skely

Baseband Member
Ok I have a 300w power supply, with a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor. It says right on my tower that it is 2.4 GHz. However when I checked what it is acctually running at, it says 2.19 GHz. I want to raise this to 2.4 GHz, how do I do this.
I'm thinking that perhaps I should not even attemt this because I get frustrated rather quickly and it really seems like a long process. Is there a simpler way to up my Processor speed? Should I even try to up my processor speed with a 300 watt power supply? I already installed an ATI Radeon X800pro.
and if the guy who gave the Graphics card temps was talking about this series of ATI sucking, he was right I am very dissatisfied with this graphic card.
Will someone post a quick explination of what I should set my computer stats to to acheive 2.4 GHz without overheating my processor; if don't got nothing better to do.
If it helps I have an emachines T6520. It has 1GB ram.
My BIOs say
System temp 30 degrees C
CPU temp 47 degrees C
CPU Vcore 1.45V
+3.3V
-12.0V
+5.0V
Battery 3.12V

Skely said:
I already installed an ATI Radeon X800pro.
and if the guy who gave the Graphics card temps was talking about this series of ATI sucking, he was right I am very dissatisfied with this graphic card.
The ATI card sucks because of the temperature???? worst reason ever to say ati sucks.
GFX cards normally run hot compared to cpu, what specifically is wrong with it that makes u hate it.

Well I don't Hate the card but I did think that wouldn't see any lines or those tiny jagged edges. Maybe its just my card or something but, on the X-Men Legends II rise of apocalypse there were jaged edges on the charectors outline. The begining intro magnetos face looked horrable. Along with all the charectors that I saw. He literally had lines going across his face. The occasional frame skip ( which I blame on my low power supply of 300 watts ) or freeze for an instant while a cinema is playing. You know, when the whole movie just skips a beat... Yes this is why i don't like this card. Maybe I need to raise my processor speed ?
I was just hoping to get better cinema quality. NO jagged edges at all, and no frame skips at all. Other than that the shadows look better and I can see enemys farther away ( I think ) its better than the stock ATI radeon Xpress 200 that came with my computer. They made this card sound really really good, like they did with the playstation 2, and supposedly it wasn't . However I thought the PS2 was fine. The only reason why I think this card was worth it is cause I got it for $ 175.00 and if i got jipped then i'll dislike the card even more.
I have had no idea about the overheating problems with the card though ?? Anyway I should not be saying anything about the card when I only have a 300W power suppley.

Skely said:
Well I don't Hate the card but I did think that wouldn't see any lines or those tiny jagged edges. Maybe its just my card or something but, on the X-Men Legends II rise of apocalypse there were jaged edges on the charectors outline.
NO jagged edges at all, and no frame skips at all.
I have had no idea about the overheating problems with the card though ?? Anyway I should not be saying anything about the card when I only have a 300W power suppley.
1. Is anti-aliasing enabled? that has to be done in-game and that is what gets rid of the jagged edges.
2. how do you know you card is overheating? it should be fine on stock cooling if your not OCing it. If its not, return it.

first of all u need a new psu. i would recommend at least a 400 watt one. second, the reason u are having jagged edges is cause u probably dont have AA enabled. also it may be that ur card isnt getting enough power but u would see alot more problems if that was the case.

Or for some reason the resolution might be low enough for lines and jagged edges to appear... Dunno why, but at 800x600 that happens to my game intros...

and with an emachines.. your not going to overclock... locked bios.. i have the same hate for my compaq!! and i have the same problem of a crap psu as you do... only i am 50 watts ahead.. haha, i don't seem to run across any power problems though.. so i don't think you should, not only that, i'm overclocked too.. try upping the resolution as the guy above me had said

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have not been around my computer for awhile. It sucks that I can't Switch my CPU speed, what the **** is emachines thinking? Also thank you for letting me know about the AA I'll change it and see what happens, i'll also check the resolution, i'll post and let you know what happens with that. Also Now that I know a power supply of 450 watts is so cheep i'm sure i'll upgrade. Thank you.

Another question I now have is, Should my graphics card GPU clock be set at higher MHz than my acctual processor MHz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom