uGURU (microGURU) Overclocking, and How will memory stop me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
The uGURU (microGURU) utility came with my Abit AV8 mobo. It lets me, like so many other programs, adjust the speed of the FSB on the PC. I know its not a smart thing to use, but I have no alternative.

My main questions are 1.) By what amount should I change the voltage as I increase the speed of the FSB. And 2.) How will I know when my memory has reached it's maximum overclockability? I could just keep increasing the FSB speed and not know when the memory can't take it anymore.

You should do it through BIOS. Just use the uGuru to monitor the stuff.

Change the voltage when your memory fails on bootup.

Your memory has gone to far when you use a stressful app and your computer crashes. Back it down a little bit and keep it at what it is.

Ok, thanks a lot. Exactly what I was looking for. But for the CPU, its a 3200+ Venice; how much should I increase the voltage for that as it goes higher?

So...anyone? By how much should I increase the voltage as I increase the processor speed?

Well it's on a per CPU limit

Personally I would go around 1.8 with decent cooling, im at 1.8 now, but im on a newcastle

I'm at 1.4 and going at 2.0 GHz not overclocked right now 0_0 Since I'm going to be increasing the FSB by 5MHz each time, I need to know after how many MHz I need to step up the voltage. At 2.06 Ghz? 2.1 Ghz?

You shouldn't have to guess as to when to raise the voltage. First, you should be doing this through the BIOS, raising the FSB speed by increments of about 5MHz. Then you should boot into windows and run prime95, if it fails, you should either run memtest to determine if it is the processor or memory, and then either increase the vcore, or loosen timings and increase vdimm.

Once you are finished, you should run prime95 for 24 hours to ensure stability

I see, thanks. Yea, my BIOS has the uGuru utility integrated into it. Its not quite as featureful as the one in Windows, but it serves the purpose. Ok Gaara, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom