Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankymasterc

Baseband Member
i have a question umm i dont have 2 alternate my windows or n e of that do i im getting the desktop iso and i dont wanna messed up my pc.......

wtf are you talking about... is that english? could you revise that to be more coherant? maybe some punctuation... im no stickler but i cant even tell what the question is!

I think he wants to install the Linux distro Ubuntu and wants to know if it`ll mess up his windows install if i deciphered that correctly.

I havnt used ubuntu myself so dont know if it installs the grub loader, it should be ok as long as you have enough hard drive space to install the OS.

EDIT: also why its posted in the overclocking forum I have no idea...

Ubuntu will install a boot loader, partitioning the drives is up to you. If you already have Windows installed, you will need to resize your Windows partition to make space for Ubuntu. To do this you can use gparted or Partition Magic. Gparted is free, and works just as well if not better, so I would recommend it over Partition Magic.

The General said:
Ubuntu will install a boot loader, partitioning the drives is up to you. If you already have Windows installed, you will need to resize your Windows partition to make space for Ubuntu. To do this you can use gparted or Partition Magic. Gparted is free, and works just as well if not better, so I would recommend it over Partition Magic.
Hey, Gparted is awesome! PartitionMagic was always giving me trouble, so I downloaded Gparted and it works perfect. Best thing about it is that you can use it in any computer since it's a live CD. Thanks for letting me know about it. :D

I use Ubuntu on my linux box, I really enjoy it as well. And yeah, during the install it will give you the option to boot your windows partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom