Twinmos Ddr400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
can anyone help me, im in australia (live there) and i have just called every single computer store i know and none of them can get me the twinmos ram. anyone know how i can get my hands on some??

Any BH-5 based RAM will work about as well as the Twinmos, I'm not familiar with australian distributors so I can't help you.

Just to tell you don't expect any magic results with an A8N, BH-5s are basically built specifically for dfi lanparty boards and most manufacturers will even specify that.

Also you need to put alot of voltage through them before you will get a good overclock out of them (about 3.4V for 270 2-3-3-7 1t)

Ok just to tell you guys, I just found out today that the Twinmos that they are selling at newegg right now are not BH5. They are some other kind of chips. I know this because my friend maxed out at 225 fsb with 2.9 volts. He tried raising the volts but it didn't help. When I did a search, I found out that only the speed premium versions are BH5. Here is a link to the speed premium.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218405

And also, shorty if you cant find the Twinmos, get the ocz value BH5. It should cost around 105 dollars, which isn't too different from the 100 dollars the speed premiums cost. Those are BH5 also.

Be carefull when buying the ocz value there are just as many sticks with ch-5 as with bh-5 (bh5 is far better then ch-5)

Hacp - they are BH-5 depending on what numbers the serial ends in.....2.9v is NOWHERE near what BH-5's love dude...when you say he raised the volts how much are we talking about?

BH-5's to really thrive need atleast like 3.4v - 3.7v in extreme high settings and timings.....

Either way....two sticks of that speed premium would be $96 which is still a damn good deal....those are still 2.5-3-3-7(maybe 8) at 2.6v by default....so it's all a luck of the draw in most instances

He was using dfi lan party and upped it to 3.3 volts without an increase in fsb. His timings were horrible too. I just checked this out and found out that many people report that newegg isn't selling the bh-5 twimos anymore(85 bucks one). Only the speed premiums have winbond.

Also, supposedly, the value VX uses the same chips as the regular vx, but only the newer ones. So, if you get stuck with some old value ocz ram, then your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom