tweaking processor speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

got_rice111

Beta member
need help tweaking processor speed

hey guys

my motherboard recently died on me, so i had to replace it.
however, my processor speed has gone done ever since i changed motherboards, even though my processor stayed the same.

I have a AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor, and it was running at about 2.13 Ghz before the mobo swap.

After the swap, its running at 1.5 Ghz.

I have tried to change the processor speed in my BIOS, but my new mobo runs this weird BIOS called PhoenixBIOS, and I can't change it there.

The mobo that i got is an Asus that was pulled from an HP computer, and its specs were the same as my old one (according to the ebay store i bought it from).

Any suggestions?

you are not gonna be able to overclock with a hp specific mobo u will have to get a new motherboard. did u have ur processor turned up with ur other setup cause 1.5 is most likely ur stock setting.

OEM motherboards usually do not allow you to adjust the FSB or multipliers, so you may be stuck with your CPU speed, unless you find a suitable BIOS update...

Actually, there MAY be a way to fix it, but only running windows, research using ClockGEN.

trust me i had a hp there boards are clock locked updating bios wont work maybe the clockGEN he spoke of is ur only chance but u will not be able to adjust many settings wth an hp board i did research when i got my compaq/hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom