tweaking my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacko200

Solid State Member
i have some games that crash (aoe 3 and wow) 5 ins into the game. I think my cpu or graphics card is overheating. Is there any way of making my cpu or graphics card not overheat?

Also is there an easy way to turn off all unwanted applications that are running but are hidden,and that are slowing up my computer? Or just any thning that will make my computer run faster, but does not involve spending crapploads of money?

i have a intel celeron d processor, 768mb of ram ,and a geforce 6600 256 mb graphics card.

pls help, thanks

I'm not sure about your overheating problem, but if you press Ctrl + Alt + Del and go to the processes tab you can close any unwanted applications. Just make sure you don't close any that shouldn't be closed.

As for unwanted programs, you can download a program called HiJackThis... Run it and save a log file... then post it here:

http://www.techist.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=126&s=

The professionals can look at it and give you any recommendations from there...

Over heating?? That would depend on many factors... What kind of case (how many fans) do you have, when was the last time you cleaned out the system (dust inside) if you built the system, when was the last time you re-applied thermal paste to the CPU... hope this might help a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom