Tweak or overclock components

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanzk

Solid State Member
Dear,
I have (MSI) P4N Diamond motherboard. The BIOS of this motherboard enable user to modify or over-clock VGA,RAM and CPU Performance.

Kindly tell me up to what level I can set the values at BIOS settings menu that is suitable for my hardware components i.e.

[VGA] (MSI) Geforce 6, NX6800GT-T2D256E
[Motherboard] (MSI) P4N Diamond
[Processor] (Intel) Pentium® 4 Processor 640, 3.20 GHz, FSB 800 MHz.
[Ram] (Corsair) Corsair CM2X1024-6400, 2GB, Twin2x, 800 MHz

(For Graphics card settings)
PCIE Frequency
This field allows you to select the PCIE frequency (in MHZ). Select the number between [100] ~ [145]

VGA PERFORMANCE BOOST
This field allows you to overclock the core clock of graphics card by the ratio.
Settings option:

NV4X Core clock Overclocking
[Disabled] [Private 1%] [Sergeant 3%] [Captain 5%] [Colonel 7%] [General 10%] [Commander 15%]

NV4X Memory clock Overclocking
[Disabled] [Private 1%] [Sergeant 3%] [Captain 5%] [Colonel 7%] [General 10%] [Commander 15%]

(For motherboard or CPU settings)
System Clock Mode
[Auto] Set FSB & Memory clock automatically

[Linked] Allows Memory and FSB to overclock proportionally

[Manual] Enter FSB Memory clock manually

(For memory or RAM settings)
Memory Timings
[Auto] [Manual]

If set to manual these settings available,

CAS Latency
[Auto] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
tRCD
tRP
tRAS
[Auto] [1 ~ 15]
tRC
[Auto] [1 ~ 15]
Address Mode
[Auto] [1T] [2T]

You basically have to figure out what works for you. You can only up the FSB so much before the CPU becomes unstable. To make it stable again, you have to increase the CPU's core voltage (vCORE), and that causes it to get much hotter. Therefore, you'll most likely need liquid cooling to keep a high OC and be stable. Every machine is different, so it's hard to say how far you can go.

I bet you could hit 3.7 - 3.8GHz before you run into problems.. but don't mark my words for it, I'm bad with Intel.. but I hear they can OC much more than an AMD.

i have the same processor i leave it around 3.5 ghz without voltage mods, but with them i havent been anywhere over 3.75 i think my fsb was at 231 or soemthing like that with voltage at 1.4, wouldnt post past 3.6 without voltage mods. never really saw a huge change in temps even with 1.4v but i have no need for anything over 3.5 so i keep it at that

i would use coolbits and the nvidia program to overclock your video card you can change memory clock as well at core clock with that

CrazeD said:
You basically have to figure out what works for you. You can only up the FSB so much before the CPU becomes unstable. To make it stable again, you have to increase the CPU's core voltage (vCORE), and that causes it to get much hotter. Therefore, you'll most likely need liquid cooling to keep a high OC and be stable. Every machine is different, so it's hard to say how far you can go.

I bet you could hit 3.7 - 3.8GHz before you run into problems.. but don't mark my words for it, I'm bad with Intel.. but I hear they can OC much more than an AMD.
A good air cooler is usually same or better than water cooling. I recomend a Thermaltake Big Typhoon with some AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom