Turning off C1E and EIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
G'day,

I thought I turned off C1E in the Bios of my P35-DS4 but CPU-Z is showing me running at 1.6 GHz on my Q6600 Stock. This is appauling! Also I couldn't find the EIST setting.

Could someone show me how to turn these both off for good? It is making my system seriously sloooooow.

I'm assuming, you're using this new system as of now?

So in the DS3R, go to the Advanced BIOS section, and you'll see CPU EIST Function.

From the menu, it looks like:

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2)
CPU EIST Function

Eh, one problem. I bought a P35-DS4 instead of the DS3R as they didn't have any DS3R's and it was dirty cheap. Is it better or worse? Well back on topic I didn't see an EIST function when I went in there however I saw the other two.

Another question: I changed my multiplier to X8 in the Bios but CPU-Z is only showing X6. Why is this?

Thanks,

EDIT: It also says "Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz" but the core speed is only 1680 MHz. : / What's with that? Oh and one more thing haha. Let's say I take the FSB too high and it will no longer turn on because it does not have enough voltage. How am I meant to get into the bios to up the voltage if it won't start up?

Sorry about that, I was looking in your sig before, and it said DS3R.

Well in the Advanced BIOS Features, what do you see below the CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)? The CPU EIST Function, should be right below it, or two rows below.

You need to disable both C1E and EIST, to have the speed to default...because they are power saving features, that throttle your CPU speed down, when it's idling or not in use.

If you take the FSB too high, and can no longer turn on, you have to reset the CMOS, and then re-enter your BIOS or overclocking values again.

Oooh makes sense. I just pushed my voltage up to 1.136 V and then increased my multiplier to x8. Now my computer feels alot more snappy then when it was at 1.6 haha. Overclocking is fun! To reset the CMOS I just take the battery out and leave it for a minute then put it back in right?

EDIT (Me and my **** amnesia): I was just installing CoreTemp and my computer suddenly shut down. I think it was because of CoreTemp. Does anyone have any other programs I can use to monitor Processor temperature. Also what temperature am I looking for Idle/Load. Some people say that 40 degrees is waaay too hot to idle while others don't seem to mind. B1gapl how do you feel about this?

For the life of me I cannot find the EIST option. The C1E was easy though. Just wondering if maybe the DS4 doesn't even have EIST.

On that note what do you think of the DS4?

DS4 aren't really common, compared to the DS3s. So I haven't heard much about them. But I'm sure they're good.

You sure you can't see it? Well then, what's below C1E?...because I'm looking at the DS4 manual now, and I see the EIST option in the Advanced BIOS Features. Look in your manual, and you'll see it too.

DS4 aren't really common, compared to the DS3s. So I haven't heard much about them. But I'm sure they're good.

You sure you can't see it? Well then, what's below C1E?...because I'm looking at the DS4 manual now, and I see the EIST option in the Advanced BIOS Features. Look in your manual, and you'll see it too.

Yeah if it's in the manual it's gotta be there. How much did you pay for your motherboard btw?

Its definitely not there. It just skips EIST settings and goes right to the virtualization thing. Odd. It's getting pretty late here so I'll probably play around with this tomorrow. I have a feeling I have to hit ctrl+f1 to access the secret settings or something. I read about that somewhere.

I paid about 190 USD for this from a store so no shipping required. Was pretty happy about that as the P35-DS3R off eBay would have cost a little more I think including shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom