Tuniq or True, which ones better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't. they were talking about aluminum and copper.

but the second part of my post does pertain to this thread. to a degree.

The AF7 Pro can't really be compared to the TRUE. One is an extreme budget cooler while the other is just the opposite.

btw why is the true 120 extreme all aluminum isnt copper bettwer? if true was made from all copper would it preform 100% better? btw will a zerotherm all copper butterfly heatsink beat true? its huge all copper.. i dont get it how can true beat if its aluminium

Because copper weighs more than aluminum. If they made the TRUE out of all copper and the same size, it would either bend or break the motherboard due to it's weight.

That's why that Thermaltake make the XP-120 out of aluminum, but when they made it out of copper it was the XP-90C which of course is 90mm compared to 120mm.

Weight of XP-120 = 370g
Weight of XP-90C = 690g
That's a 54% increase of weight(from 370g to 690g) for a decrease of 30% in size (from 120mm to 90mm). But, of course, copper dissipates more heat and although its smaller, it outperforms the XP-120.

If they made a fullsize 120mm copper heatsink, based off of those ratios of size to weight, figuratively the 120mm copper heatsink would weigh 897g! I don't think a motherboard could handle almost 900 grams, which is very close to 2lbs.

what if one was to desgin a suspention for the heatsink somehow like suspend the fan connecting to the true with resistance drop the g to half the weight?

what if one was to desgin a suspention for the heatsink somehow like suspend the fan connecting to the true with resistance drop the g to half the weight?

You could do that....

.................................or instead of going through all that trouble just get a TRUE or if that's not enough then watercooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom