Tuniq or True, which ones better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
well when u stack tuniq and true against one another which one would be the best one, btw true with the fan ;/

btw why is the true 120 extreme all aluminum isnt copper bettwer? if true was made from all copper would it preform 100% better? btw will a zerotherm all copper butterfly heatsink beat true? its huge all copper.. i dont get it how can true beat if its aluminium

The base of the TRUE is copper. It is just nickel plated. The design of the TRUE is why its so great. 12 heatpipes and a ton of fins. Also, copper aint cheap and is only marginally better at dissipating heat.

Actually copper is much cheaper than aluminum, and it's also significantly (not marginally) better at dissipating heat.

So I'm actually not sure why they wouldn't make the TRUE out of copper if it was meant to be the absolute best air cooler.

Oh well no worries, it's still darned good.

orly. Didnt know aluminum was going for more than copper these days.

Well it's not actually. :p I worded it very badly.

As a material aluminum is cheaper, but it's one of the most difficult metals to work with (joining methods)...which means manufacturing costs are generally higher.

I think they just do ghetto-brazing on heatsinks though so I suppose that's not the issue. Perhaps they avoid copper because of the weight? I mean the TRUE is already nearly 1kg I think.

...more data for the bored:

Conductivity of 100% Al : 373 W/m K
Conductivity of 100% Cu : 401 W/m K

So it's about 7.5% more conductive....

and Silver is about another 7% more conductive compared to Copper.... (429 W/m K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom