Triple Monitor Stand - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Triple Monitor Stand

Im looking for a good, sturdy and Cheap triple monitor stand for 3 22' monitors. Any suggestions? The only one I can find is over 200, which is not worth it. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: Triple Monitor Stand

are you looking to like wall mount the three or what. I would say just have them all sit on a desk.. a little more info on what you want to do would be helpful

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

I have limited desktop space and I cannot find a desk that will work with me. Having them all on the desktop would be my first option, trust me. I need a stand, not a mount.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

I think wall mounting it makes the most sense as it will be cheaper. Other than that though you're looking for 200+ for what you really want.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Ok, thanks. What are your suggestions for mounts?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

on a wall mount? I'd go hit up bestbuy tbh and just get the cheapest wall mount for your monitor size. They should all be VESA standard mounts along with your monitor so you shouldn't run into compatibility issues. I'd price out what you want as a standard flat mount has no movement, a tilt mount tilts up and down and cantilever moves in and out and goes up and down and all that fun stuff. but it seems like just a flat mount or tilt mount makes sense, but tilt mounts are more expensive. Generally you can get a straight flat mount for like under 25 bucks, but you're still looking at around 100, probably less for all 3.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Thanks. I think I found the way im going to go. I will use 2 of these (Newegg.com - ERGOTRON 45-179-195 LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (black) - Monitor Accessories) attached to the back of the desk on each side of the monitor sitting on the desktop. What do you think about it?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Patron

I though you said you didn't want to spend $200+. I would build my own they are very simple to do and using springs you can make a mechanical arm that makes the monitor seem weightless look into the steadicam designs for videocameras.

I would get this if buying retail
Newegg.com - Targus AWE33US Ergonomic Dual LCD Display Arm - Monitor Accessories