Transfering Windows to Another HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
is this possible... cuz i'm thinking of getting a raptor later on.. possibly holding it off til next paycheck, i guess i'm wondering, if i do get the 7200 rpm and put windows on it, could i transfer it to windows when i get the raptor?

okay then, i'll reprase the question to make it fit this section...

would moving my OS from a 7200 rpm hard drive to a 10,000 rpm hard drive make a big difference in loading times.. and if so, how would i do it.. how do i go about ghosting... because i plan on completely taking out this HDD and putting it into another one.. so would the other HDD (The Raptor) Still be able to load up windows?

haha.. i was just kidding up there ^^^^^ move it if you reall must, please and thankyou :)

apokalipse said:
personally, I would just do a fresh install. it will run even faster.
then just copy some of your files over from the other hard drive

Agreed....

the only thing about that is... i don't know if i can re use the same windows xp for a 4th time... its been registered for 2..and just activated on 1.. hopefully i can just activate it on a 4th...

use acronis true image, you can clone a hard drive very easily using the trial version.
In fact I have used acronis to move my OS from a faulty SCSI drive to a replacement and then again to a Raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom