TR ultra-120 extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok it finally showed up. But now im running at 42/38/36/38 compared to the 52/50/48/50 or so i had on stock cooling. Shouldnt i have dropped temps more than just 10 degrees? Does my AS5 have to set in or did i somehow not seat the heatsink correctly? BTW its about 80F in here where my computer is.

Ah good to hear, i think next months purchase is going to be an antec 900 and lapping supplies, i wanna get this thing down under 40 degrees before i overclock it.

My normal procedure is to turn it off at night when i go to bed and back on when i get home from work, better to just leave it on 24/7 or stick with my normal routine. New to this whole "aftermarket heatsink" concept since this is really my first high end overclock build.

Update, running bioshock and the other 4-5 programs im sitting around 52 on core 0 which is the hottest.

Another sidenote, the heatsink BARELY fits in my cast, as in roughly a "****hair" clearance from the side panel.

Mine is 49/46/48/45 on full load, with folding. I should see a decrease, in a few days.

Well im now sitting at 57/54/54/54 with world of warcraft running in the background and a slight overlock working. 9x333 at 1.232v. I'm starting to think i might have installed the heatsink wrong or it might need lapping, although everything looked really flat.

"Looked flat" probably doesn't mean it is. Mine looked flat and when I started to lap it, man was it NOT. Did you use the razor blade test? Lapping certainly doesn't hurt anything. Be patient with the paste setting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom