The tower112 is a monster but works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah when you can get your custom logo laser cut, CNC'd or however they get it done, basically like you said, you got some deep pockets.

That pump does 30gph whereas I saw a swiftech pump for like $75 that does 317gph! A 10x difference there, wow...however the bigwater acts as it's own reservoir too, whereas the swiftech is purely a pump.

Keep in mind mike I'm using the 35w 2400+ XP-M whereas you're using a 45w 2600+ XP-M aren't you?

That 10w helps me achieve a little lower temp than you guys with the 2600 asuming you infact have that.

its a 45w 2500+xp....if you put that pump with your 2 rads and that system then you'd be pumpin some serious h20....I dont think the bigwater needs it though. I did remember reading somewhere that the tubing that the bigwater uses is not standard sized.....I think it is smaller.

Oh...there was a computer in that picture? I didn't notice :p

That's insane though. But yeah the tubing is 1/4" compared to 3/8" or 1/2" inch tubing. The kit, however, does provide the links for those bigger sized tubings. From what I've read though, most people were shocked as far as how little of impact that smaller tubing actually had on performance. Perhaps in the future I'll upgrade to a 3/8" tubing as the 1/2" is just freakin huge and I don't think that pump that comes in the kit would have an easy time getting the liquid through that muchless then through 2 rads also.

agreed....I also read the same in reviews.....general opinion seemed to be that it is a geat entry level kit.....I think it will still perform great but undoubtedly you will ultimately want/need to upgrade parts of it as needed.....The cool thing is that you can with that kit.

Yeah, I think the only part that they say is up to par even with higher priced kits is the CPU block. Nice construction and decent lap job.

I think for the most part the only thing I'd have to upgrade down the road would be the pump and/or hoses possibly, but like I said, most of em said that the hose, although small, posed no major significane in overall performance, so that's good to hear.

I'm nervous as all hell about setting it up though lol. I plan on giving it 12 hours of leak testing, but since I want it on the outside of my case, then I'd have to take it apart after leak testing, empty the liquid, refill it once put together in the case, and using my Test PSU leak test it again to make sure I didn't tear the hose or something the 2nd time around so I'm a little nervous about that whole procedure, but excited to see results.

I'd be thrilled if I can get 2.6GHz on the same Vcore thanks to that thing keeping it nice and chilled. We'll see

I agree....I decided against it at this point b/c I simply didnt think I had the room in my already cramped case for it....I will get a larger server case down the road if I decide to get some water cooling just to ensure I have plenty of room. The water did scare me as well...I would definitely do an outside test as well....You can't be to carefull for sure.

Yeah, trust me I'm filled with excitement and fear lol

Thats why it's awesome thermaltake has such a kit for liquid NOOBS such as myself lol.

Perhaps I will become the OC and Liquid cooling GOD around here at some point :p

EDIT: Oh and yeah I definitely wouldn't want to try and setup water cooling in that previous midtower of mine. It's hard to find an adequately priced Full tower though =/

This one was $70, it's not the greatest, but eh, serves my purposes.

I hope you get real good at the h2o thing b/c I will be asking you for advice down the road....no doubt about it. I'm curious to see how nice and "Quiet" it will be as well.

Yeah, I ran 2 120mm fans today to see how loud they'd be together of course since theres like...4 other fans that come with the thermaltake case I won't be able to get a realistic idea of the sound until it comes time to power up the machine.

I went to www.dfi-street.com and there's a guy there named CPU Killer I believe that they said was all about liquid setups and helped me out with a little basic info.

I have an 'open channel' type cpu block whereas theres another sort where you dont want pressure building up, and some crap I don't understand yet lol.

Got 240FSB Primin right now....hasn't errored in the first 5 minu.....ahh damnit! right when I was typing that...literally it stopped at 4 mins.....bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom