Tornado 80mm as HSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Yes, I finally got it today and I have it installed. Here are my before and after temps:
Idle | Load
B 50°C| 60°C
A 35°C| 45°C

This is using SiSandra Burn in Wiziard.....

Pros- Extremely effecient cooling.
Makes computer more stable for overclocking.

Cons- Have you ever heard a hair dryer on low before?

I really need to get a fan controller... I think the noise is nothing compared to the phenominal temp drops! I am about to go test in aquamark to see if my score has increased.

lol I got it as my fan too on the CPU. I have a fan controller though :D Might I suggest the Sunbeam Rheobus controller. Great stuff and guarantees 20w per channel. I got all 4 channels taken up all except channel 1 (which is the tornado) have more than one fan on it. It didn't lower my temps as much as yours, but I think I have a hotter than usual 2400+ XP anyway =/ plus naturally your chip would be cooler since it's an older model. I got copper heat spreaders on my RAM too they look pretty :D hahaha I know exactly what you mean though when it comes to the hair dryer. I got the tornado plus two blower fans on this thing, like the jet7 and aero7 those are just on the sides of the case lol. I'm sitting at 44C Idle right now, but the tornado isn't up all the way and my top exhaust is off right now, plus it's warm in the room. Coolest I can get down to is 38C when it's cold outside lol, but it won't get past 40C at all. My load temps aren't that high compared to idle because of the heatsink I got, the SLK-900A removes heat off this processor like a mug. I'm going to get the Abit NF7-S2G motherboard with the 35w 2400+ XP-M processor and hopefully I should have even cooler temps.

I'm getting exactly the same setup hopefully. I'm using a stock heatsink that's why it varies so much. Also, are there any controllers for just 1 fan? I dont need 4 fans to be controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom