top off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
As quite a few of you know I have a htpc case which looks cool but completely impratical well I have been modding it for 2 weeks now but only the top panel and so that has been removed for a while, all the components have been running fine but are starting to collect quite alot of dust so I was wondering what solutions you guys can think of for a temporary cover??? as most of you have tower desktops I will use that as my basis for explaining what mine currently looks like:

put your tower on it side and remove the "side-plate" facing you now imagine the right and left walls are missing and voila you have what my pc currently looks like :D

So far I have come up with maybe putting cling film over it too keep the dust off but that could be an issue as it may melt or the fans will suck it down and into a fan....

Keep in mind that filters restrict air flow, so your fans will be less effective.

I hate filters personally. It doesn't take much work to clean dust out every once-in-a-while.

first off i must say that that case looks just beutiful but abit small w/e u can just take the mobo out and put it on a clean surface of carton? or plastic? even ure drawer if you want lol doest matter :D

just put like pieces of paper at each side and be sure u take is tight so ure fans dont suck it up now that it would cause any damage but yea

first off i must say that that case looks just beutiful but abit small w/e u can just take the mobo out and put it on a clean surface of carton? or plastic? even ure drawer if you want lol doest matter :D

the case looks great I am modding a large window into the top and 2 small circles of perspex either side with a large 80mm hole for two extra fans I have begun polishing the inside lol as Iam doing a polished steel and dark blue colour theme. It isn't too small height is an issue my 8800gts stops the harddrive arm from coming down when the bottom rack is full and my zalman 9500 has half centimetre clearance off the top of the case lol its going to be 1mm now with the perspex window :(

just put like pieces of paper at each side and be sure u take is tight so ure fans dont suck it up now that it would cause any damage but yea

paper is a good idea my best so far...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom