Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
Well I have ideas floating around in my head for my next computer, and I'm planning on doing some mods. Just curious as to what some of the tools you modders use. I'm planning on going out and buying a drill and some hole saws, what sizes do you most commonly use? Anything else other than a sander, dremel and drill stuff? Thanks much.

^I use 1/2 inch and 1 inch. A set of files, jig saw, a lot of sand paper, i used 400g to scuff up some stuff before painting, and then between the coats i used 1000g. I also use a die grinder, but not that much.

Just bought a drill, a sander, some ear muffs so I stop myself from going more deaf, and a uni-bit. Still have to buy some hole saws, and some sand paper. Thinking about getting a hole saw kit, and then a few larger hole saws, not sure yet though.

I got a free gift if I spent over $399, and I figured I could use a sander for the beginning sanding, and then do it by hand for the finishing touches and such.

ah, what was the free gift anyway?

Some 14.4 volt led work light. Could have picked a few other things but that would have came to the most use for me. About the overkill on the sander, meh, whatever works. Everything will probably just collect dust in my garage for a while anyway, lol.

Yea, that's what I was figuring. Looking at hole saws online now, and I thought about getting a jigsaw, but I didn't feel like paying $150 for one just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom