Too hot in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloLight

Beta member
My AMD 5000+ BE at 3.1 Ghz seems to always run hot. It would idle at 41C and get up to 55C under full load. To solve the problem I replaced my heat sink with a zalman cnps 9700 and used artic silver 5. The problem is I did this in the middle of summer and its like 85F in my room so the temps did not change at all. During the day when I play games my cpu gets up to 60C and I have to wait till the sun goes down to play. So is the ambient temp in my room too high for an air cooler to work, do I have a chip that runs hotter than normal or does Asus PC Probe 2 give inaccurate temps?

The temp in your room could be part of the problem. Why do you need to have it overclocked when you want to play during the day?

Try other programs also like speedfan, everest and such to monitor the heat sensor.

what kind of voltage are you giving the cpu?
...dont let my current rig fool ya...i know a little about overclocking AMDs. ;)

Lies. You traitor! :p

Air coolers only work if there is cool air to blow onto the CPU. If you're blowing 85*F air to the CPU then it is only physically possible to cool it to 85*F (30*C). It is also very unlikely you'll actually cool to this temperature, so your temps seem about right for your room temperature.

Solution: Buy an air conditioner. ;)

50c is nowhere near worry temps...

ever used an hp or dell computer or anything.. they usually run that all the time... and last plenty of years

or ever use a micro atx case for that matter... you can worry once you start doing 60-70 for extended periods of time

yeah the brisbanes are 65nm, so bear in mind they can go pretty hot and not really have any problems. like nosboost says if it runs over 60* all day i would consider some more efficient cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom