too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol your right, i wish trhe answer was that easy though. You see, CPU-Z detects it as a 2.8ghz, and tells me underneath that its actually running at 1.6/2.4/2.5 depewnding on the bios settings i have,

and yeah, it is too hot to touch, however even at 90 she was as stable as a rock. Word.

i think i may have sorted the problem, and im watching ther temp creep down even now.

I got so fed up i opened the case again while it was running. While i was lookin inside i heard a definate noise drop and checked out the fans, the cpu fan had given up and as i tried to power down it started up again. Maybe this was the cause.

Ive now replaced the fan, and ill let ya know how this new akasa fan goes, im not 100% sure whether thatw as the problem with overheating but thats what i think it was.

You see, CPU-Z detects it as a 2.8ghz
Oh, OK.

When you said you have tried it with different mobos, were they all the same name/model or different name/model of mobos that you have tried.

The one i first tried was an msi p4mam-v and the one im using now is a mercury/kobian 5i5661fx mobo.

you guys know that if i set the bios above 2.5/6ghz (so that the screen doesnt come on on boot) would turning dram voltage up have a possibility of helping it boot?

oh yeah and the problem was the cpu fan. pc is cooler than my refridgerator now, thanks for the help guys, though any suggestions on getting true 2.8gig will be appreciated

Well, the multiplier is supposed to be 21, and yours is reading 12. So, maybe you have a dyslexic chip and or mobo ;) The only thing I can think of is to flash the mobo with the most up-to-date BIOS. But I am not confident since it did this with two different mobos, but who knows worth a shot.

If that doesn't work I would say you have a faulty chip.

i think your most definately right. Being a student im way past buying a new chip and ive had it way too long to get fixed (6 months or so) so i think game is over really and ill just have to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom