Too cold??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
is it possible for a CPU to get too cold? Cause im installing this compressor tomorrow and the guy included a temp controller. He said you can use the compressor first and then put it on if its too cold. First off how would i know its too cold? Is there a way that it can harm the cpu?

Too cold? I've never heard of this. I remember a while back on The Screen Savers, Yoshi was cooling a computer with liquid nitro and I think the temps were around -4C. So I don't think you can get that cold with water. But don't listen to me as I am not sure lol.

Yea I learned somewhere that If you where to get a machine's temp. to absolute zero then data would transfer ~the speed of light.. so I don't think you should worry

I don't think the data would transfer at the speed of light, because at absolute zero nothing moves, and if anything moves it'll heat up (duh!) and it won't be absolute zero anymore..therefor i don't think it could travel at the speed of light.

at absolute zero the materials would probably not hold up, but you certainly can't get too cold w/ water.

at Absolute zero, nothing moves, therefore no data wiould transfer, since all molecular movement ceases to exist at asolute zero. besides, we have only gotten within fractions of a degree to Absolute zero. you would kill the mobo and cpu several degrees (maybe even tens of degrees) before Ab zero was reached. Ab zero is -273 degrees C. to get even close to that temp, you need a massive room full of cool and crazy electronic gear( and cooling stuff). some one should put a mobo and cpu in there, just for the hell of it to see what happens lol. actually monster, you may want to use an alcohol for your liquid/ antifreeze so that there is no chance your compressor can freeze the water, therefore killing your cpu ( or making the comp shut down)

Oh, absolute zero is -273 Kelvin, not Celsius. In my chemistry class we were talking about absolute zero, and wondered how cold solid hydrogen would be. We were talkin about it because we wanted to make solid air. It was very interesting. And with putting the mobo and cpu in there, i'm shure it would shatter. We put liquid nitrogen into a 2 liter bottle, put the cap on, and it exploded. Pretty cool stuff.

toxicity_27 said:
Oh, absolute zero is -273 Kelvin, not Celsius. In my chemistry class we were talking about absolute zero, and wondered how cold solid hydrogen would be. We were talkin about it because we wanted to make solid air. It was very interesting. And with putting the mobo and cpu in there, i'm shure it would shatter. We put liquid nitrogen into a 2 liter bottle, put the cap on, and it exploded. Pretty cool stuff.

No, its 0 Kelvin.. rofl.. Kelvin doesn't go to negatives.

Well I guess my chemistry teacher is a dipshit, he was babbling on about how shit would move really fast at absolute zero

But this confuses me, if the CPU where hotter, would it go faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom