tips for overclocking athlon 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
ok, i have my athlon 3800+ socket 939 running at 2.640Ghz. I have the CPU clock higher than the CPU frequecny, is that O.K? Also I have the voltage at +.60V.

i have stock cooling but i have ordedered a zalman fan so i could hopefully push it a bit more. can someone give me tips because my target is current 2.8Ghz from 2.41Ghz

i have a athlon64 +3500 and the most i could get (stable) was 2.6 :confused:
of course my crappy budget memory is probably holding me back...

Uhhh... they're the same thing....

Anyway, what motherboard have you got? and what RAM have you got?

You might be able to set a memory divider, to increase your overclock.

really? lol i didnt know, my mobo is a Winfast 9150k8md MATX and I have 1GB of extremely rubbish Buffalo RAM and another GB of Samsung RAM, i have recently installed a zalman cpns9500 so im currently waiting for the thermal paste to cure, oh and what is a memory divider?

memory divider is when you lock the memory to run at a certain speed so that when you change the fsb the memory speed doesnt change with it.

not exactly sure what that might be called in your bios. some call it different things. but it will probably be a ratio of fsb/cpu or something like that.

I bet your issue could very well be your memory . esp since you have two different brands that most likely have different timings etc.

hare memory dividers hardware or software sorry for such a n00b question

Memory dividers can be set in the motherboard bios, providing it has the option. It is normally a ratio, eg. for a HTT=400, RAM=300 would be a 4:3 HTT:RAM ratio.

Look through your motherboard bios options and the manual to see if you can find anything like it.

thanks ive never tried overclocking ram before but ill ive it a shot if my mobo allows me to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom