Timings a little off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Im sort of new to oc'n and was wondering about my ram timings.

My ddr2 800 is showing up as 5-5-5-18 on cpu-z? im thinking its supposed to be more like 4-4-4-12. at ddr2 667 it was still 5-5-5-15.

Is there anything i can do?

You need to raise the Voltage up to the suggested amount and change the timings in the BIOS or a software program.

wow ddr 800 XMS2, at 55518, wow thats not good, try some volts like said, try a new mobo slot/s, and memtest or soemthin it might be bad

slow it down just a bit, see if it will go tighter timings, maybe 44412(after some volts)

I ran memtest for 8hours no errors, i've switched slots no luck. I even have the dimm voltage at 0.4+ right now, i believe my mobo at stock is 1.8? i've tried every increment up to 0.4+ no luck still running at 5-5-5-18. Also i dont see an option in my bios to change timings. is it possible im overlooking something?

im at f6 which is as far as i know the latest bios update for my board. i'll search through the settings as much as a i can.

I am using computer since 5 years. But never noticed these things.
Is these things are realy important?

i think i actually figured out the problem. it was probably a faulty mobo, my computer won't post anymore. cleared the CMOS and everything nothing seems to be working, hopefully its not something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom