Thinking about watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Iv been seriously thinking about watercooling. Iv been looking at dangerden. my budget is about 600bucks for it. Im plannin on getting blocks for my sock 939 cpu, north bridge, and both sli 6800 ultra cards. my main question, which radiator is the best? err which ones have you had good experiences with.

thanks

You got a $600 budget? Go over to xtremesystems.org and talk to a guy named Weapon and find out what he has to offer you. Also, dont bother water cooling your chipset, unless you are going to get a massive Iwaki or some like pump. It will just prove to be a flow restriction.

You should just go with the Prometia Mach I phase change system. Now THAT would get your shyt cold!

Yeah, actually you are right, it is only for your CPU. So if you are cooling two in SLI, I would have you should get a huge heatercore, and an enormous Iwaki pump, the one with 21+ feet head, combined with some nice Maze4's and the TDX for your cpu.

Yeah, actually you are right, it is only for your CPU. So if you are cooling two in SLI, I would have you should get a huge heatercore, and an enormous Iwaki pump, the one with 21+ feet head, combined with some nice Maze4's and the Storm G5 (or 4, cannot remember, swiftech makes it) and you will be SET!

with my xp120hs on my cpu, i idel around 32*F. hmm wonder if i would even benefit from having water on it, its pretty cool already, i do know for sure though that the cards need it. Are the iwaki pumps loud? i also saw the blocks for the cards, the ones that cover the gpu core and the mem, and when in sli,, the blocks on each card actually connect to each other, there like 120bucks each, was thinkin bout them, or are the maze 4s better

don't bother with those full card blocks...they are nothing but a waste...ridiculously heavy and beyond that your RAM doesn't ever get hot enough to constitute needing water cooling...all that'll wind up doing is taking away from the cooling efficiency of the GPU part.

Stick with a MAZE4, you might have to get the 'low profile' version with SLI. Looks like they have a 'maze4 SLI kit' though:

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=169&cat=67&page=1

As for the Storm G5, those are about $200 a piece, CPU blocks made from silver...they are supposed to be top notch, but theres a waiting list for those things...last I checked it was a couple months at least.

Silver offers the TINIEST amount of better heat transfer than copper, but if you really want to go all out and spend that $600 then I suppose go for it.

Nubius said:
As for the Storm G5, those are about $200 a piece, CPU blocks made from silver...they are supposed to be top notch, but theres a waiting list for those things...last I checked it was a couple months at least.

You do realize that Swiftech now mass produces them.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/storm.asp

Thats only the G4, and it's what I meant.

true about the ram, i will just get a maze4 for the gpu and put some nice ram sinks on the memory. as for the cpu block, i think ill stick with coper for now ehe. I just cant decide on a radiator. Dunno if i should get one of those 3x120 black ice radiators, or a heater core that holds 4x120, but damn those things are big

with my xp120hs on my cpu, i idel around 32*F
I hope to god you meant celcius, otherwise I'd have to call you a fool. You've basically just said that on air, your CPU idles at freezing point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom