Thinking about watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about silence...?

Stock air coolers are loud, inefficient, and comparably performing heatsinks are huge and take up several slots.

i can't hear it over my case fans. no reason to spend $120 on a EK block, when my GPU does just fine. not to mention the need for a bigger rad, which can have issues fitting in most cases.

I don't know about you guys buy my 8800gt's stock heatsink was loud on 60% power, my x1900xt's was loud on 50% power and I run a $50 block on the gt now and it runs perfect...

I can only just start hearing the ultra after 70% and thats low noise. at 100% it runs kinda loud, but still half of intel's stock fan noise when I had that in at the start.

the eVGA 8800 GTS 512 can get loud at about 80% fan, and when I get my new mobo and e8400, I will actually OC it. I hope to get some water cooling in the next 6 months or so. I cant wait.

Haha, the water cooling I had on my old PC was louder than any air cooling I have ever heard. The pump alone sounded like I had the back of a fish tank on my desk.

I just bought some secondhand parts form a member on another forum i frequent.

Got a tdx, a mag pump, and a bip2 for 40 shipped.

Hahahaha!

Just gotta pick up some small accessories, tubing, clamps, and a new top for the pump to convert it to 775.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom