Thinking about adding a case fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I am thinking about adding a another fan to the front of my case. I have space above the fan that came installed with the case. I am just not sure how I would install it. What kind of fan would you guys recommend? How much would it help out by adding another fan? The case I have is in my sig.

how much room is there? is it made for another fan or are you just throwing one in there? i would try and fit the largest supported size as well, but you'll have to see what fits for yourself.

yeah just see what fits...and throw it in there. The bigger the better :D

I had a fan on the side of my case... wires broke on it so now I just leave my case open and it actually runs BETTER and COOLER than with the case and fan still on and working...

What you could do I suppose is just measure the space in front of your case can buy a fan that will fit up in there. Make sure you have a power connector for the fan available. I put in an extra fan and it plugged right into a 'system fan' slot my motherboard .

Reviews | Antec Spot Cool | APH Networks

This is what I got. Works pretty well. Right now I have it spot cooling my RAM. hehe

What kind of numbers should I be looking for? I assume the lower the dba the better and the higher the cfm the better, right? Is higher rpm's better too or can it be to high?

the more rpm's the faster it spins=more air flow. But higher rpm's usually means higher dba. Some fans have dual bearings and stuff like that, so look around to find a good balance of dba and rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom