Think I can run this at 3.2GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Currently running at 3.0GHz with 333MHz FSB x 9 Multiplier.

I was thinking of doing this....

400MHz FSB x 8 Multiplier ---> 3.2GHz

The problem is.... adjusting my RAM, do I just keep it at 1000MHz and 5-5-5-15?

And when I do 400MHz FSB do I increase the voltage more by say from 1.337 to 1.35?

And when I read overclocking guides, they say its much better to change or lower the Multiplier and increase the FSB, not sure what the difference really is. So.... comparing the two....

375MHz x 8 Multiplier is 3.0GHz is better than 333MHz x 9 Multiplier? Even though they end up at the same frequency?

That's right. The higher the FSB, and the lower the multiplier, will yield a faster overall system.

That system is definitely capable of 3.2GHz. It's just a matter of finding the sweet spots. Put the FSB to 400, and stress it. If it fails, up the voltage on the vcore, on notch.

Ok, thanks Ill try that and see maybe I can get this at 3.2 and stable. Ill work on it when I get off work tonight.

Edit: which one is harder to do? Get to 3.3GHz with 366FSB x 9 Multiplier or going to 3.2GHz with 400FSB x 8 Multiplier?

Not so sure but 400MHz is higher than 366FSB so not quite sure which one is easier to get to. Do you?

Cuz i mean if i cant get to 3.3 with 366 FSB not so sure if I can get to 3.2 with 400FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom