These Would Be Nice to Have in Your Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Get a neodymium magnet and attach it to your CPU, turn your computer on and see what happens.

Then tell me that magnets can't be harmful to your computer.
you are a very angry cynical little man. its all good we all deserve it for using windows and amd procs ...morons...

HDD data is stored magnetically. If you put a magnet on it, it's going to basically "suck" all the data off it.

CrazeD said:
HDD data is stored magnetically. If you put a magnet on it, it's going to basically "suck" all the data off it.

ya isnt the disk all ones and zeros, positive an negative charge right?

lol, i cant remember, i think they are. and i have no idea, i might get an old hdd and use some type of super magnet and leave it ontop of it when its off in one spot and turn it on and see if all the data is still there.

yea i would pass on those, i like my little staton i got...its a desk in my garage with some 80w floodlights hangin from the ceiling...and then for just tinkerin, i got a flexible desk light with a 75w that works just perfect.

but what if your at a lan... or you are just going in to quick change something, or reset cmos?

lol i dont think i'd want one of them on my computer as it basically just looks naff tbh. Why cant you just use a normal light from outside the case lol?

Mentali$T said:
lol i dont think i'd want one of them on my computer as it basically just looks naff tbh. Why cant you just use a normal light from outside the case lol?

I'ts not as easy. You have to move it to were you want. plug it in clip it or what ever. when with one of those other ones you would just open your case

i took the magents out of an old HD and was able to mess with a tv set in another room. i dont think these little things will mess your hard drive. My computer sits in cabinet with a magnetic latch and i close it up every day,i have never had problems. Besides all of that thick metal casing they are in is a non magentic alloy of some type. these wont hurt any more that anything else a stupid user would try, and trust me i have seen stupid.

NOGA said:
but what if your at a lan... or you are just going in to quick change something, or reset cmos?

i carry a flashlight everywhere i go (its on my keyring), and for my bios, i got a toggle switch on the back of my pc. yea, i get your point, i just dont see the need to have it tho. (and i always have my case door off, so it would die in a heartbeat)

bmxfreakrider said:
i carry a flashlight everywhere i go (its on my keyring), and for my bios, i got a toggle switch on the back of my pc. yea, i get your point, i just dont see the need to have it tho. (and i always have my case door off, so it would die in a heartbeat)

a flashlight takes up a hand, what if you need two hands?

toggle switch? how? is it in the board or like a pci slot wit ha switch in it?

and dont leave you case open, it reduces airflow and is dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom