These Would Be Nice to Have in Your Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
https://www.quikbrite.com/?cid=254253

TheyÂ’re like a light that when you open what ever you have applied them to they turn on.

It would be tight to add to your case so when you open it you have a light already in there!

I think it works on magnets though... I would be careful.

It probably has some kind of contact that interrupts the circuit, causing the light to shut off.

Pretty neat, but it wouldn't be of any use to me. :)

Yeah, I think I'll pass on any extra magnets in my computer. Especially since I can just open the case and turn the light on in my room and see just fine.

pah... i think it is overrated. after taking one apart and seeing the strength of the magnets inside, i dont think small magnet on a light is going to do very much.

joshd said:
pah... i think it is overrated. after taking one apart and seeing the strength of the magnets inside, i dont think small magnet on a light is going to do very much.

Ya, ill see if i cvan get one of those and test it on my old hd so see what happeneds.

probley just mess up the data then i might be able to reformat it

but still cool.

maybe just a mini adhesive touch light like the little "flood" lights they have on the page

Myth 6: Your hard disk can lose data with a magnet near your computer

This does not hold true for domestic magnets that you use to fasten your timetable sheet on your white board. The only magnets that are strong enough to destroy data on your disk platter are those authentic degaussers found in laboratory and junkyard magnets that can distort every bit off your disk and hence your data.

PS, most of all hard drives have powerful magnets already inside them that they use for moving the heads on the platters.

Get a neodymium magnet and attach it to your CPU, turn your computer on and see what happens.

Then tell me that magnets can't be harmful to your computer.

The General said:
Get a neodymium magnet and attach it to your CPU, turn your computer on and see what happens.

Then tell me that magnets can't be harmful to your computer.

I was referring to HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom